Congrats to Chris L. of Rochester, N.Y., for winning a TyPad 2
iPad case with Bluetooth keyboard in last week’s giveaway. If you love CNET (but of course you do!), you’ll love this week’s prize, a custom Timtuk2 bag sporting the CNET logo.
This isn’t just any custom bag, though. It was designed by me and my CNET colleague Seth Rosenblatt using Timbuk2’s online customization tool. Not to brag about our design skills or anything, but everyone here in the office who’s seen this bag wants it — badly.
The medium-size custom Commute Messenger bag contains compartments for a laptop up to 15 inches and an iPad or e-reader. Also, it’s TSA-compliant, meaning you can unzip the laptop compartment to lie flat for airport security scans. Did I mention how great the bag looks? It came out so well, Seth and I just might start a side business as bag designers.
Normally, a Timbuk2 medium Commute Messenger bag in ballistic nylon would cost you $149, but this is your chance to get one for free. How? There are a few rules, so please read carefully; there will, as usual, be a test. Also, stay tuned later today for a great gallery of Seth’s visit to Timbuk2 here in San Francisco to see how its bags are made.
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the Join CNET link to start the registration process. If you’re already registered, there’s no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it’s funny or insightful, it won’t help you win, but we’re trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive one (1) custom Timbuk2 Commute Messenger bag with a retail value of $149.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the sweepstakes. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Monday, October 8, at 12 p.m. ET.
And here’s the disclaimer that our legal department said we had to include (sorry for the caps, but rules are rules):
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OLD OR AGE OF MAJORITY, WHICHEVER IS OLDER IN YOUR STATE OF RESIDENCE AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 p.m. ET on Monday, October 8, 2012. See official rules for details.
Article source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/cnet/pRza/~3/psUVSOD3DJo/